** Please Note - This article may no longer be up to date. This Help Center is being left active for archival purposes. For the most up-to-date info, please see our new Help Center at https://ripstopbytheroll.com/pages/help-center-main
You can use our Design Tool to upload your own photos or artwork for printing on a variety of materials.
There are a few file requirements to know first:
- At this time, only JPG, BMP, and PNG images are compatible with the system.
- The max file size the system will accept is 60mb.
- We recommend a minimum of 150 DPI
- The RGB color space is recommended.
The first step is to click the Custom Upload/Chose from Gallery button.
Select the "I have the right to use the image" checkbox and select "Upload Image"
Select the file you would like to use, and click "Open"
After the file uploads, hit the "+" to load the file into the tool.
For a breakdown of the options, please see below.
- Print Quality: "Fair" is 150DPI. Anything less will be "Poor" quality. We do not recommend printing less than 150DPI.
- Repeat Options: These are limited for custom uploads, but this is how your artwork will be tiled.
- Color Options: The tool does allow some global color changes.
- Size/Scale: Lowering the overall size will increase the DPI, and the final print quality. Uncheck the Ratio Button to change the scaling.
- Print Length: The continuous length of the final print. 5 yards is the maximum continuous length of a single panel.
- Number of Copies: How many panels of print would you like? Example: If you select a 5 yard print, and 2 copies, you'll receive 2x 5 yard panels.
On the design canvas, you'll notice a pair of bars. While neither of these bars will actually be printed they do represent areas that may not print.
- The Red bars indicate areas that fall outside the width of the material.
- The yellow bars indicate the areas that fall outside of our guaranteed print area.
For example: The Membrane 15 Polyester Taffeta is 58" wide. The design canvas is presented at 60", and the guaranteed print area is 56" wide.
Once the design on the design canvas is laid out how you would like your final print to look, select the "I have reviewed the design" checkbox.
Please note that the warning about print quality will pop up for any print 150 DPI or Below. You can download a PDF proof for an up-close look at the scaling of your design when printed on a piece of standard A4 paper.
If everything looks good, select the "I have checked the proof" box, and proceed to cart.
This is an example of the PDF proof.